Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Day's Labor


Here is my little bag all finished. It was very easy to do. Although I have made hundreds of quilts, I am no seamstress. Most of my quilts were made before I owned a sewing machine. There were some directions packaged with the handles but they were in Japanese. Thankfully, the Japanese pattern writers are fantastic with their graphics and I could basically figure it out by that. It is very impractical because it is white and because, well, I am NOT an eight year old girl. I just couldn't resist the cherries though. Very sweet. It will become one of my little bags to carry sewing tools and/or projects. Have a relaxing Labor Day weekend everyone.

Laurie

9 comments:

Mar said...

I adore that bag!! Love Cherries and your fabrics, what a perfect combo. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how those cherry handles would work. Very cute!

mamabug said...

I'm with Mar above I couldn't figure how the handles would work either but it is darling. I find these bags are an addiction. So nice to have a project complete without spending weeks on it. I work at an elementary school and there is always a sweet little girl that needs a pick-me-up ...........there you go bag=smile. Happy last weekend of summer!! Kathie

PamKittyMorning said...

The bag turned out darling! Love your dots on the outside, my fav's. The cherries are cute as well. Nice work. I feel inspired.

Lindenhaus said...

That is a darling bag!

Deb Silva said...

OMG - what a cute bag. The cherry handles are too cute.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Cute bag!! I love it and the handles.

from little acorns said...

Oh Laurie - it's adorable! I love you fabric choices to go with the handles (too cute)... & I love the little acorn!
xo, Bren

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

May I say ~ What a darling little bag!!! I wondered where you would go with those cute handles and now I know!!
Alice

Peddlecar Quilts said...

VERY cute bag! Love it. I'm a sucker for cherry anything!
Diane

Blog Archive