Friday, August 22, 2008

All is well in Naples! Thanks!

Hi All-

Thought I would answer all the kind inquiries thru our blog. So many of you have been so kind to write to see if all is well in our beautiful Naples! Yes we were threatened with a major storm and it always gets your attention. This time Tom and I thought we would escape it again - don't know why we felt that way or if it was even wise - but we felt certain we would escape. And escape we did - gusty winds and morning rain, heavy for a short time and soon the sun was out and all was back to normal here. Our hurricane shutters are remote controlled, so it is simple to push a button to lower them, and I never considered it - so that tells you how minor the storm was in our area. I was soon back in the studio working on my latest creation - have many new designs down on linen, or still in my head waiting to be drawn out - so I needed to get busy and finish off some of my work.

Annie is my constant companion in my studio and she is also my critic - and I wanted to show you how she weathered the latest storm. But, a reminder to me not to be so casual about weather - our cousin lives on the east coast of Florida and she called to get an idea of what was in store for her. I calmly told her - "nothing to worry about". Compared to some summer storms we had in Michigan - I told her this was a "nothing event." Well two days later, and amazingly she is still speaking to me. She called to report in - she lives in Port St. Lucie and they got clobbered beyond belief - bet she won't call me again for weather advice. All is well here and we are back to work - well Annie is taking a little nap as I hook.

Best! Polly

Comment and say "Hi" to Annie before midnight Sunday and be eligible for a special gift!


36 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Look at that beautiful puff-ball! Hi Annie!

Jeanne said...

Annie is a beauty in curls! Glad you escaped damage in Naples.

blueberrylane said...

Annie looks like a real sweetie, she must be great company for you. I love when my dog just comes to sit near me when I am busy doing things.

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Love Annie! How cute are you?

Sinta said...

I wish I had curls like that! Hi to Annie! Out here in Calif. the animals are keenly aware of earthquakes etc. before they happen. Maybe Annie can give the weather report next time for you:)

Lynn said...

Hi Annie! Glad the weather didn't get you. My dog Maggie also sleeeps on the couch and my rugs!

mamaspark said...

Hi Annie! You are one adorable ball of fluff!! Welcome to the blogosphere!!

Sequana said...

Love your name, Annie....

.....luv, Annie in Chicago

lovetostitch said...

A big hi and shout out to Miss Annie!!! She is so precious. My Sunny Boy sends puppy kisses too! So glad you escaped bad weather - I escaped to the mountains from a home in Pt St Lucie also, with kids there and Orlando area - you are really taking a beating, just in rain. Batten down the hatches!!

BugGirl said...

Hi Annie I really want to win!!! Marci

Kathie said...

glad to hear you are fine in Naples
oh Annie, HI!
how lucky are you to be hanging out in that sewing room!
LOOK at that rug your laying just beautiful!

Gretchen said...

Hi Annie! Looks like she is having fun helping you! Best of luck that the bad weather stays away.

Tammy said...

Hi Annie and Polly
I love the rug she is on!

Sally said...

Hi Annie, You are so fluffy and cute. Please pick me to win!

Robyn *Ü* said...

Hey Annie! Love that pic of her on the couch. So cute.

Mary said...

Hi Annie in addition to being great company you are a gorgeous addition to the sewing room

Glad you survived the storm.

Mary

Kim said...

Lovin' Annie! My lil' Emmitt says hi as well! ;o)

julia said...

Polly, I'm glad you're doing fine and the storms wasn't too bad in your area.
Annie seems to be such a sweetie
- Hi Annie, wooof-wo-woof woff? {how are you doing?}.
I love dogs - in all shapes and sizes...the make my heart beat faster {somehow I simply adore those cold muzzles (?right word?) and their smell behind their ears ;o)}.
Hugs and woofs, Julia

Jacque said...

Hey Annie...Life is good, hey? Nothing better than a dog for company!

So glad you escaped damage.
Jacque.

Stephanie said...

Annie is darling. So glad you "weathered" the storm. That is a gorgeous spool of trim!

maggiesfarm said...

Annie? Would you mind scooting over a bit so I can see that beautiful rug?

Carrie P. said...

Hi Annie, you are such a cutie pie. Glad you made it thru Fay.

Miss Jean said...

Does Annie have eyes? LOL! She is a real cutey patooty.

Hi Annie from California!

Joyce said...

Glad to hear all is well. Annie is a cutie!

Rebecca's Tea House said...

Annie is a cutie and my bassett, F.H. agrees!

Meghan Hein said...

glad to see that you and Annie are fine. HOpe the days are sunnier and brighter in the week to come. Hugs, Meghan

Nancy in MT said...

Polly, Annie isn't worried about the weather because she can't see thru all those wonderful curls.
nancy

Sherri said...

Hey Annie,

You look very comfortable there...you're a cutie!

Cindy said...

Hi Annie, you are just the cutest thing. I am so glad you survived the storm.

Mary A said...

Hello Annie from beautiful but extremely dry northern California! We could've used your little rain storm.

Becky said...

Hi Annie! Woof! Woof! Love the fabric/rug/? you are sleeping on. Please send the rain our way!

Becky and Rusty (dachshund) in Georgia

Conni said...

Midwest Greetings, Annie! So glad you all dodged the storm!

Winn Family said...

Hi, Annie. Did you help Polly and Laurie come up with a name for their new Christmas line? I'll bet you did, you sweet puppy. I hope you keep Polly in line to get her projects done. My kidds all give you imaginary hugs and kissses. We don't have a puppy so they like everyones elses, and think you are pretty cuddly. Have a good day, Annie.

Katie

acecraig100 said...

Hi Annie! You are adorable.

Mar said...

it not midnite in Calif yet, but if it doesn't would like to say Hi to Annie anyway, she's a cutie!

Erzebat said...

helllllooooooo annie (that was from abby) abby is jealous of your curly hair! glad yall are safe and sound. Im on the coast of Va and we been lucky so far this year. how many more til the end of hurricane season??? Keep On Stitch'n On! (mauh) Liz

Blog Archive