Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's Mail...


The mailman cannot get near our house without Tucker going on full alert. I always know when the mail comes. Tucker will man (dog??) his post by the bay window and bark and bellow like he missed his rabies vaccination. Six days a week, the ritual never wavers. Tucker, I'm sure, thinks "Hey, it works. The mailman approaches the house and then quickly leaves." Tucker wins every time. This week I am hearing it in stereo as we have a house guest. His name is Otto. This is Otto playing keep-way with Tucker's football. Otto is a delight, but he is cut of the same cloth as Tucker. No mailman will ever approach this house unannounced. It was a big commotion today. Such a big uproar. I hoped the mail could compete with all the excitement. It did. The new issue of McCall's Quilting was here. A new magazine always gets top billing here. I scan them as soon as they are in my hands. A more thorough and leisurely reading will follow in a day or so. Nice issue. A lovely cover with a quilt by our friend Sandy Klop of American Jane. Polly and I love American Jane! Our friend Sandee Wachal is written about in the letter from the editor as she is retiring from McCall's. Have fun Sandee and keep quilting! A great quilt is featured made with our "Vintage Reserve" fabric. Cool. And..... our upcoming fabric group with Moda - "American Primer" is written about in the Product Review column. Very Cool. Wow - a very good mail delivery. We are flattered.

Laurie

5 comments:

Tammy said...

The new collection looks lovely, can't wait to get my 'hands' on some!
Our house is the same around mail & UPS delivery but in surround sound....2 Bostons & 2 Jack Russells
Blessings

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Ohh I can't wait to get it.

Mar said...

Sandy is such a sweetie. I love this new collection too, it's beautiful, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Vicki Bellino said...

American Primer is gorgeous! Can't wait to get my hands on some of that!

Winn Family said...

Laurie, I just saw the Lone Star quilt in the newest American Patchwork and Quilting and I have to say WOW. It is absolutely amazing. It is fantastic, I love it. Thanks for the challenge!

Katie

Blog Archive